Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Reward yourself  get a medical check up.  It would be nice to give yourself a gift ,especially those who are 35 years old and above should have an annual  physical check up or maybe a blood examination test.  Just consult any medical doctor.  We should find out the underlying reason if we are having   perennial  abdominal  pain, headache, dizziness , irritability, impatience etc.  Our physical health affects our mood too. And remember, it had been said many times prevention is better than cure. 

I am forever grateful to  Jehovah Rapha - God my healer and your healer too.

  I listed down things that I have learned from this challenging experience of getting sick.

1. If  physical pain keeps coming  back no matter how tolerable it is consult a doctor .  For abdominal pain a gastroenterologist  & OB doctor can help, cardiologist for heart problem...etc.

2.  Research - use the internet to understand your illness but do not rely on it too much  because  too much information might be too frightening and overwhelming. Talk to a  Doctor.

3. Observe yourself  - your skin, eyes, weight, appetite, feet, palm of your hand ,mood, your whole being.   You know yourself more than any doctor.   The doctor will also  base his diagnosis on what you tell him/her about your physical and emotional condition.

4. Laboratory blood test, x-ray, scan, ultrasound etc.is so important.  Safeway Clinic, Friendly care and other  hospitals &laboratory  clinics offer this type of services.The results of the test will help the doctor to make the right diagnosis.

5. Find a doctor that you feel comfortable with.   If you don't know any doctor just check  the PLDT  yellow pages or call the hospital's information. Most of my doctors from different hospitals treated me well.  I will be forever grateful to them.

6. If you need hospital confinement that is within your budget ,you may  call the hospital directly to know the rates.  Government hospitals have private wards too but they have few rooms available. Ask the hospital if  there is a need to make room reservations in advance. Of course hospitals give  priority to emergency patients . 

7. During  medical check up show your real physical appearance to the doctor- meaning NO   lipstick & Make up because lipstick  and make up can  cover the true color of your lips and skin. 

8. Look at the palm of you hand , the color of  your skin, feet and lips.  If it's very light or pale.  Ask your doctor if you need a CBC , platelet test etc .  Feel free to ask questions, make a list if you're forgetful.

9. If feeling dizzy, allergic or irritable check yourself  if you are hungry, tired or needing complete hours of sleep. Ask your doctor what laboratory tests are needed to find out the underlying cause of this ordinary symptoms. My allergy diminished when my underlying  disease(more serious one) was treated. 

10. Eat small meals 3 times a day plus healthy snacks in between meals. CHEW. Then follow it up w/ water. Drink water  to flush down the food, it is better not to use straw.  I did not drink  much water before, one reason why I got sick. I'm drinking a lot of water now.  God is the living water that's the clue how important water is to our body.

11. I Limit on sugar  to  win over  the risk for diabetes , cancer and other diseases. I had to control my sweet tooth.  I had to discipline myself on eating ice cream,  shakes etc.  Yogurt, dark choco and fruits are my alternatives.

 12. Consult your doctor if your stool in the toilet bowl  is as thin as pencil. It looks cute but that could be a dangerous sign that there is something wrong inside. A bad smell is also a warning sign.

13. Read the BIBLE because  God gave many tips on healthy eating & foods to eat like olives, honey, fruits w/ seeds etc. Great things about life is also there.

14.  I read  that it is better to eat fruit  w/ seeds than seedless fruits because fruits w/ seeds are harvested from the natural way of planting not artificial. 

15. I'm still learning on how to relax because I have tendency to get excited. Slowing down is really a process. Going out of town makes me forget that I am sick.

16.  Interacting w/ people is also helpful.  Same w/ blogging or simply writing.  I hope through this blog I can share  my insights as I go through medical treatment w/ courage and strength provided by my Creator.

I'd appreciate if you could add some more ....

No comments:

Post a Comment